Sleep Disorder specialist in Mumbai
anvi Chitalia is a reputed sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai, apart from being a weight loss specialist in Mumbai. She specialises in being a gut nutritionist and is considered an esteemed diabetes expert in Mumbai. Her services as a thyroid expert in Mumbai are also spoken highly of by her clients. About our Sleep disorder specialist – Janvi Chitalia, she is a specialist in Gut health. Her vision is to help people across the country manage their gut health issues and bring them to the road to recovery without medication or to reverse their dependency on medication in the long term.
How to fix insomnia – Sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai
Good sleep is highly necessary for optimal health and can affect hormone levels, mood and weight. Sleep problems such as snoring, sleep apnea, insomnia, sleep deprivation, and restless legs syndrome, are common. Sleep disorders interfere with your daily cycle. Incase you are experiencing sleep disorders, it is better to seek out the help of a sleep disorder specialist. It should be easy for you to find a good sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai. If you are unable to find a good sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai, given below is a list of some of the best sleep disorder specialists in Mumbai.
|Janvi Chitalia||Shop no 17, Rizvi park, S. V. Road,Khira Nagar,Santacruz, Mumbai||Monday – Saturday 8 am – 9 pm||5/5|
|Genotronics||National Storage Building, Gala No. 328, 3rd floor Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Road, Mahim, Mumbai||Monday-Saturday 10:15am-7pm||4.9/5|
|Dr. Aditya Agrawal||58 Royal Terrace, Nathulal Parikh Marg, Wodehouse road, Colaba, Mumbai||Monday-Saturday 11am-1pm||4.9/5|
|Dr. Shefali Shah||G-101, B-Wing, Express Zone, Western express Highway, Mumbai||Monday-Saturday 11am-8pm||4.8/5|
|Dr. Prashant Chhajed||A-405, Sangam opposite Surya Hospital, Santacruz West, Mumbai||Monday-Saturday 11am-8pm||4.8/5|
|Dr. Umendra Agrahari||A/9 A wing, First floor, Sarsha Co-operative Housing society opposite I.I.T Market, Powai, Mumbai||Monday – Saturday 10am-7pm||4.8/5|
|Dr. Gaurav Kasundra||Apollo Polyclinic, Hirnen Shopping Centre, SV road Opposite Ratna restaurant, Goregaon West, Mumbai||Monday – Saturday 11AM – 1PM||4/5|
|Dr. Bhavin Shah||402, Level 4 Vini Elegance, LT road , Borivali West, above tanishq Jewellers, Mumbai||Monday-Saturday 10am-2pm,4pm-8pm||3.6/5|
|Dr. Ganesh Kini||213, Mahavir Commercial Complex, Derasar Lane, Pant Nagar, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai||Monday-Friday 10:30am-7pm||3.5/5|
|Dr. Preeti Devnani||156, Angelo house, 1st floor, SV Road, Khar West, Mumbai||Monday-Saturday 8am-7pm||3.4/5|
Find the sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai closest to you.
ABOUT RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME | SLEEP DISORDER
As a sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai in addition to being a gut health specialist in Mumbai, restless leg syndrome is by far the most common disorder you will encounter. Restless Leg syndrome is characterised by an irresistible urge to move the limbs along with uncomfortable sensations in the legs. A longer duration of inactivity of the legs could lead to an episode of Restless leg syndrome. Restless leg syndrome is a sleep disorder issue which may be related to small intestine bacterial overgrowth in the gut. There is a high rate of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in people found to suffer from Restless leg syndrome. It is better to consult with a sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai if suffering from sleep disorders. A sleep disorder specialist may be able to point you in the right direction and treat you in a non-invasive manner.
Low levels of ferritin and Iron in the brain can cause RLS which is related to brain iron deficiency which may be due to gut inflammation. One can see how the gut and sleep disorders are correlated. Gut inflammation is at the core of a digestive disorder like Small Intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). SIBO is characterised by an overabundance of bacteria in the upper portion of the gut. The excess bacteria can cause symptoms from gas, bloating, stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea.
Sleep deprivation treatment by sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai
DIETARY INTERVENTION TO HELP SIBO
Any sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai will agree that diet modification lies at the core of treating any sleep disorder. A low-fiber diet is not recommended in the long term because it will starve the good gut bacteria in the colon. Neither does this help resolve the root cause which requires long term dietary intervention to eradicate SIBO.
PHASE 1: TREATMENT :This phase will be overseen by taking medication or antimicrobials for bacterial overgrowth. Dietary support during this phase may focus on eating fiber-rich foods that will feed the bacteria to draw them out. When bacteria are fed and happy, they are more easily targeted by the treatment. Some of the natural antimicrobials that can be added are as follows
- Red thyme
PHASE 2: PREVENTION This phase is done post-treatment. The goal is to prevent a relapse once medication has been finished. In this phase, overgrowth may be prevented by starving bacteria with a low-residue diet, such as the low-FODMAP diet.
Diet Classification based on Fibre Residue
Sleep disorder specialists in Mumbai understand how essential it is to focus on incorporating low fibre diets into your daily intake. A low fibre diet essentially means that you will have fewer digestion problems and a better sleep schedule. The following are the classifications made by a sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai.
- High fibre Residue :beans and soy
- Low fibre residue: chicken, eggs, fish, dairy
- High residue: Gluten grains, wild rice, whole grain, seeded bread and crackers, popcorn.
- Low Residue: white rice, white bread, refined
Fruits and Dry fruitsFruits and Dry fruits
- High-Residue: Dried fruit, berries – anything sweetened with fructose should be consumed in moderation
- High-Residue: Raw veggies, starchy veggies
- Low-Residue: Well-cooked or steamed veggies with no skin or seeds, fresh vegetable juice
- High-Residue: Nuts, seeds, coconut
- Low-Residue: Butter, healthy oils
- Jet Lag
- Sleep Apnea
- Night Terror
- Restless Leg Syndrome, etc
If you suffer from either of these or any other disorder which is not listed above, do seek out a good sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai. If you aren’t able to find one by yourself, do refer to the list above.
- Restless Leg Syndrome – Getting up and moving around helps the unpleasant feeling temporarily go away. Self-care steps, lifestyle changes or medication generally help. Sleep disorder specialist will give you better advice suited to you.
- Snoring – Lose weight if you are overweight which will help reduce the amount of tissue in the throat that might be causing your snoring. You can lose weight by reducing your overall caloric intake by eating smaller portions and healthier foods. Make sure you get regular exercise daily. You may also consider seeing your sleep disorder specialist for help.
- Insomnia – Treatment for insomnia consists of improving sleep habits, behaviour therapy and identifying and treating underlying causes
- Sleep Apnea – Treatment usually includes lifestyle changes, such as weight loss and the use of a breathing assistance device at night, such as a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine. You can consult with a good weight loss expert in Mumbai if you don’t wish to meet a sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai.
- Sleep Deprivation – This also requires lifestyle changes like avoidance of tobacco, cigarettes and abstinence from drinking as these disrupt your sleep patterns. Exercising balances your mental exhaustion with physical exhaustion.
As you can see that most sleep disorders are cured by lifestyle changes and diet changes. Instead of simply treating your disorder, a sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai should be able to incorporate a lifestyle change and also ensure that there is no relapse. Being a dietitian, a gut health specialist in Mumbai in addition to being a sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai, Janvi Chitalia may be able to devise the perfect diet depending on your daily requirements, your restrictions and your lifestyle.
The above treatments which do not involve a sleep disorder specialist may not show as good results for more serious cases in which case it is advised to go to a good sleep disorder specialist in Mumbai and seek treatment and/or medication.